This blog is primarily my customer's quilts (and maybe mine if I can ever get to them!). For family and misc. posts go to: http://www.outsideofquilting.blogspot.com/



Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Graduation quilt

Here's another graduation quilt...for a boy.  The customer asked that it be done lower end custom with simple quilting....so that's what I tried to do. 

 

 
Whenever I know a quilt is going to a guy I'm always really careful about what designs I choose to quilt.  It seems that the majority of designs out there are more feminine in nature...I need to start a new section in my "idea book" with just design ideas for fellows. 



The vast majority of my customers live fairly close to me....but I am slowly developing a few long-distance quilting relationships which is quite fun.  (This quilt came from Washington state).  It takes a little more coordination with mailing things back and forth and making sure I understand how they want their quilt done, but so far it's been a really good experience for me - and I think (hope) it's been the same for the customers.  They keep coming back, so I think that's a good sign.  

No comments:

Post a Comment