This blog is primarily my customer's quilts (and maybe mine if I can ever get to them!). For family and misc. posts go to: http://www.outsideofquilting.blogspot.com/



Saturday, January 31, 2009

Memory quilts

I made these three memory quilts for a friend who lost a little daughter years ago. She had many dresses, everything from satins, denim, knits, cottons, velvets, laces, and flannel! It was a challenge to find patterns that would work with all those different kinds of fabrics, then actually working with them was interesting to say the least. There were so many beautiful buttons and embellishments on the dresses that I tried to use them as well in two of the quilts. It took me hundreds of hours by the time these three little quilts were finished - but hopefully they'll be a treasured memory for that family.





No comments:

Post a Comment