This blog is primarily my customer's quilts (and maybe mine if I can ever get to them!). For family and misc. posts go to: http://www.outsideofquilting.blogspot.com/



Monday, July 9, 2012

Two customer's quilts

 Agnes's quilt.  She brought me a photo of how she wanted this
quilted....I really like it, so striking with the feathers and the straight lines.  
I'm REALLY good at this type of feather now after all this practicing!

 Isn't this a neat looking quilt?  I really like it.  There's a story here, though.  Even though
the piecer did a fantastic job of making all those points meet beautifully, there was a lot of bulk on the back
where all that fabric came together.  (I've since learned there's a method to keep that from happening -
I need to study up on that for my own piecing skill improvement).  The customer asked for an all-over
panto design, but every time my needle and hopping foot hit those bulky area, it would bounce around it,
totally messing up the design of the quilting.  After 4 rows of trying to make it work, I finally gave up and
spent 1 1/2 weeks (3-4 hours every evening) unpicking everything I'd quilted.  (Groan!)
 I ended up designing this light custom so I could completely avoid those bulky areas.
Worked much better - and I think it's a much more striking quilting
choice for this quilt.
I just learned that this block is called "Crossed Canoes". 

1 comment:

  1. The first quilt is very striking. I love the finished product. You must have so much patience, because the second quilt turned out beautifully, too.

    ReplyDelete