This blog is primarily my customer's quilts (and maybe mine if I can ever get to them!). For family and misc. posts go to: http://www.outsideofquilting.blogspot.com/



Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last two quilts of the year

I'm in the process of downloading a kazillion pictures off my camera onto the computer, and found the last two quilts I finished up before christmas.....which will have me all caught up for 2011!

This first quilt was an unbelieveably detailed quilt that was paper pieced by Vicki.  She made it up using various other quilt patterns, and kind of "mashed" them together (using a musical term).  She had been working on it most of the year and was sick of it - been there myself!  But what a beautiful result.

sorry, these little stockings kind of jumped into here - they were supposed to be at the top.  I have a customer's husband who calls each Christmas and buys his wife a gift certificate for her for quilting services.  I try to come up with some fun little thing to put the certificate into each year, this is what I made this time around.
Back of Vicki's quilt
I thought I was all done, and a cute little gal called asking if I could possibly quilt an easy baby quilt before Christmas....ooookkkaayyyy.  Luckily it was simple, and she was happy :)

1 comment:

  1. The quilt made by Vicki is amazing. Like how you did the stitching, too. The baby quilt and stitching is so perfect for a sweet little girl. Your little stockings are adorable. Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete