This blog is primarily my customer's quilts (and maybe mine if I can ever get to them!). For family and misc. posts go to: http://www.outsideofquilting.blogspot.com/



Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mini Samplers

This is for you Packrat :) Here is a Dear Jane quilt. It's a replica of an old quilt that was made a long time ago (won't go into the history - google if you're interested.) A newer version with the same idea is a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler - which is taken from one of the Elm Creek Quilt novels.
Both have 6 inch blocks. Call me crazy, but this looks fun. I haven't decided which book of patterns I'd prefer to get...the Dear Jane gives you those neat triangle blocks on the outside border - but I have an emotional response to the other one since one of my oldest friends (since 5th grade) is named Sylvia....what to do :?
P.S. I just discovered there is also a Dear Hannah quilt as well. Those blocks are 4 1/2 inches, though - that's getting kind of tiny for all the piecing and applique, think I'd rather do the larger blocks for now.

1 comment:

  1. Miriam, thank you! The Dear Jane quilt is amazing because of the old-time look and all the detail in the border. The Sylvia quilt is gorgeous, too, but more modern. Which ever you decide to make, I'm sure it will be beautiful. (Be sure to share your color scheme!) Now, I'll go read the history of the Dear Jane quilt.

    ReplyDelete